Gonçalo Fonseca is a documentary photographer based in Lisbon, working on Health and Human Rights stories.
In his early teens, he devoloped a passion for capturing those crucial moments of time, where you could see life pulsating if you looked carefully. Later he discovered the power of storytelling and journalism. Of giving voice to those who have none, of witnessing the world's injustices. That is what drives him.
El Pais, 7K, Diari Ara, Semanário Expresso, Euronews, Open Society Foundations
Awards & Exhibitions:
- Finalist at the Renaissance Photography 2017
- "24H - Life in a Chinese Livestreaming Factory" was one of Nominees in the Culture category at the 2nd Photogrvphy Grant 2017
-Honorable Mention in General News category at the Annual Neutral Density Awards 2017
- Finalist in the Hellerau Portrait Award 2018
- Exhibit at "Images with Solidarity" at the Portuguese Telecomunications Museum, August 2017
- Exhibit of the project "Hope" at the Art Museum of Cerdanyola in Spain, September 2017
- Exhibit at "Renaissance Photography" expo at the Getty Images Gallery in London, October 2017
- Finalist at the "Hellerau Portrait Photography Award 2018",