Gonçalo Fonseca is a documentary photographer based in Lisbon, working on Human Rights and Migration stories.
In his early teens, he devoloped a passion for capturing those crucial moments of time, where you could see life pulsating if you looked carefully. Later he discovered the power of storytelling and journalism. Of giving voice to those who have none, of witnessing the world's injustices. That is what drives him.
El Pais, Diari Ara, Semanário Expresso, Euronews, Open Society Foundations
Awards & Exhibitions:
- Finalist at the Renaissance Photography 2017
- Culture Nominee at the 2nd Photogrvphy Grant 2017
- Exhibit at "Images with Solidarity" at the Portuguese Telecomunications Museum, August 2017
- Exhibit of the project "Hope" at the Art Museum of Cerdanyola in Spain, September 2017
- Exhibit at "Renaissance Photography" expo at the Getty Images Gallery in London, October 2017